Thursday, December 17, 2015

Affidavit - May 8, 2009 - Regarding Sheriff Rob Winters






May 8, 2009

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN

   On February 7, 2008, at 11:22 am, I talked to Tulare County Deputy Sheriff Rob Winters at my home about Ed Black regarding the issues of Black’s masturbation in public view under my second-floor study window, his cutting the brake lines on my car, his failure to plow the snow from my road, and his continual harassment and endangerment of me and my disabled son.

   When Winters finally arrived he told me he tried to come up earlier in the day but was unable to do so because he could not reach my home in his four-wheel vehicle due to Black’s failure to plow the snow off the road.

    Winters did not take notes during the interview.  He told me I would have to prove Black had masturbated in clear view of my windows, in the office area where I work.  When I spoke to Winters in a follow-up call, Winters told me he would not follow-up on my complaint because masturbating in public was not deemed to be an actionable event.

   On February 6, 2009, after my car was towed by the California Highway Patrol from the parking lot of the Wellsville Saloon, I called Winters about it.  I told him the car was there temporarily to be towed to a mechanic.  He told me the car had been towed after a complaint had been filed by an anonymous person.

   The CHP later told me the “Sheriff's Station at Camp Nelson,” indicating Deputy Winters, had ordered the tow.  The car was towed illegally because it was on private property, no notice had been posted on my car, and I was not contacted in advance although Winters knew it was my car.
   This incident has been financially devastating to me as I have not been able to pay to recover my car.  It has prevented me, and my disabled son, from having transportation – a situation in the mountains which is life threatening. 

   When I bought the cabin in 1990, Ed Black represented himself as a legitimate provider of security services under the name “Ed Black Security,” so I contracted him for $80 a year to provide those services.  After the unforced burglary of my home, when Black was the only other person to have a key, and Black misreported the burglary to the deputy sheriff on duty, and after Black used the key to walk into my home uninvited and unannounced while I was asleep, I took the key back from Black and terminated my agreement with him for “security services.”

   Recently I learned it is a felony to provide “security services” without a license or a bond, and have determined Black has neither a license or a bond.  Subsequently, I complained to Winters about this felony being committed in perpetuity by Black, and Winters refused to conduct an investigation or even report my complaint.

   Finally, in early March of this year I contacted the District Attorney’s Victim-Witness program and found out Winters had never filed a complaint for me against Ed Black.  So I wrote one up myself and emailed it to him on March 11, 2009, more than thirteen months after I originally complained to Winters about Black.

   When I called April is 6 to follow-up on my complaint, I found out from Winters’ superiors he had not filed the complaint I sent him on March 11.  Subsequently, after several more recent incidents of harassment from Ed Black, the DA’s Victim-Witness program told me Winters failed his duty when he told me public masturbation was not illegal.

   My disabled son and I live in the remote mountains miles away from the nearest public place.  All we have to depend on for personal protection and law enforcement is the local Deputy Sheriff.  Deputy Winters has failed on numerous occasions to provide me either.

   Therefore, I am submitting this complaint against Deputy Winters for failing his duty throughout all of these incidents and request appropriate action be taken to insure the law will be enforced in the area where I live and my safety will be appropriately protected. 

   Also, I have supplemental statements from additional witnesses to be submitted when this, and my other complaints, begin to be taken seriously and investigations are initiated.

I declare, under penalty of perjury according to the laws of the State of California, that the foregoing is true and correct.



Melinda Pillsbury-Foster E-signature   Date May 8, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment