Thursday, December 17, 2015

AFFIDAVIT - January 7, 2010 by Paul Pugh

January 07, 2010

To Whom It May Concern: Or more importantly to the interests that control the Snow Removal and ensure the ingress and egress to 52371 Circle Way in the Cedar Slope
Development off 190 East of Springville, California

Let this serve as an affidavit of facts and a request for reimbursement of expenses.

My name is Paul F. Pugh, Jr., I am and have been a resident of Springville for the past 27 years. I am familiar with winter driving conditions from the mountains of California to
the hills in Ohio. I own a few vehicles including two late model four wheel drive pickup trucks. So, in February of 09, when confronted with friend and acquaintance Melinda Pillsbury-Foster her cousin and son staying with me due to heavy snow in Cedar Slope they said was not being removed, I again found out why some people seemingly make a living by taking but not delivering. I am referring here to the responsible party I am led to believe is a one Ed Black. I called this Ed Black by phone to inquire of him if the snow was removed from the latest storm and he assured me that the pavement was bare and that the main loop was plowed all the way through. I told him I had 4 WD and questioned if I would need to chain up to which he assured me that “Not if I came up now and didn’t need to use chains to negotiate 190”. Since this seemed “great” but in complete contradiction to what Melinda described, I repeated back to him “its clear all the way to the farthest part of the development” with which his demeanor changed to who wants to know to which I gave him my name again and he came off the wall with hostile expletives and began cursing me with four letter words and hung up.

I told Melinda- Ed says the road is clear so I headed up the hill to drop Melinda and her son Arthur at the 52371 Circle Way Address. Because Ed assured me the road was clear as 190; Melinda’s cousin followed in her car. Upon arrival after having had no trouble with 190 and looking down the first couple hundred feet of the drive that was plowed, I proceeded on down. About 500 feet down, the plowed portion narrowed and very soon it was evident that the road had been plowed but was not clear to pavement as was the case at the beginning. Having 4WD it was very manageable until about 2/3 of the way to Melinda’s house. That last distance to her cabin was loaded with up to 6 inches of snow that was freezing back into ice from slush, making black ice. It was all I could do to get turned around and it took me the better part of an hour to get back up the hill to open pavement.

I returned a couple of days later in the daytime and chained up to make it down to Melinda’s home. I was appalled to see such a wanton disregard for the rights of others from what I am led to believe is a service provider to this tract. The banks of snow plowed to the road edges were collapsed into the roadway, tracks were all over the snow near Melinda’s residence and the entire area from a not too distant circle turnout in the road on down to the end of the plowed road was strewn with empty beer cans. I hope that this testimony of fact would reach whoever is the enabler of this type of raucous behavior and put an end to this excuse for a service provider of “snow removal” before someone becomes seriously injured as there is no obvious regard for the concerns of ones fellow human being let alone the needs of the handicapped. I only have an investment in a $200 set of tire chains and a tank of gas lost at the hands of this contractor’s failure to perform.

Someone in a position of control would do well to heed the advice of the informed and hire a competent, disciplined and capable service provider. The right equipment at the right time in the hands of someone who is not impaired can provide the service necessary to ensure that disaster never strikes twice. I would be happy to provide any further help if it meant that truth could be heard and prevent a tragedy.

Sincerely,
Paul F. Pugh,Jr.
559-359-0240
Springville, CA

No comments:

Post a Comment