Friday, January 8, 2016

Eventually, a book, if I live long enough


Tuesday I got up and Arthur had shoveled enough of the driveway to allow us to get out without my having to do anything.  It made me nervous, but we were running out of food and I well knew Black Greenfield and others wanted nothing more than to know we were starving and freezing.  Just call it the CSMWC Cabal.

Why else would they have worked so hard to ensure the road was entirely impassible?  When things do not make sense do more research, that is my motto. 

A week earlier I had fallen on the black ice Black had expertly produced on the drive way, falling right on my hip.  The pain was so bad I had to crawl to the cabin, falling several more times.  But it did not go away, which as what I had expected. 

When you know there will be no help you have to do what needs doing.  

I got in the car, gritted my teeth and drove up far enough to ensure we could make it out.  

Black had made sure there was the standard build up at the steep places but I gunned over it, careful not to accelerate too much.  Dangerous?  Yes, but I had no choice. 

We arrived back at the cabin just as the first slushy snow was falling.  I saw Black's boot prints at the edge of the road, where he could peer down and see the cabin and my car.  

Inside, I took more pain pills and  got the food in and after that I do not remember much.  Pain pills do that to me.  

I have a lot to do in the next few days and although we are monumentally snowed in I will not even leave the cabin. 

I have two friends who are nurses.  We talk routinely and in the next day or so they asked me what was going on.  I told each of them.  They both independently listened to my description of the pain and think I have suffered a minor crack to the pelvis.   

Stay off of your feet, they advised.  I am, as much as possible. 

If you do not see something published here please call the electric company to make sure the line has not been tampered with.  I'm not taking any more chances.  

Please read the below with attention.  Thanks,  Melinda 


Ed Black and what you need to know about dealing with him.


I probably first met Ed Black at the time he began offering 'security' services at Cedar Slope. I have no specific recollection of this meeting but it must have occurred after we purchased the cabin in 1989.

At the time I began paying him for 'security services,' this was by check, he must have given me one of his signs to post in the window of the cabin.

In 1993 I hired Bob Weyland (spelling?) from Camp Nelson. I was paying Bob $1,000 a month for work which needed to be done on the cabin. This included putting in bathroom fixtures, taking out the sliding glass doors on the porch, replacing them with double-paned windows, running the floor all the way across the second floor, putting up drywall and plastering, which we agreed would have a kind of old English cottage look to it. Bob was a very nice person who also made ingenious wooden items at his home in Camp Nelson. I took my youngest son, Justin, down there to visit him and we came away with two stands carved to look like a butler holding a round serving place and a dog holding a plate in his mouth. Justin also wanted a profile of a bear and cubs we could put up so that went on the pile of purchases with items for inside the cabin, toilet paper holders for the two bathrooms and three wooden trash containers, with lids. Bob also gave my son a charming carved vehicle, not painted but finished and varnished.

It was nice excursion and Justin and I talked about it and where we would put the items when they were finished and delivered. Bob was to make these for us and bring them up to the cabin since he was working on the place regularly.

The work went well. I had no time to come up and look except the once because at the beginning of 1994 the Northridge Earthquake destroyed our former residence, then going on the market, in the San Fernando Valley. In the same year my sister, Anne Gripp, had a heart attack in Tokyo during the orchid show there. Anne owned the Santa Barbara Orchid Estate and many of her clients were Japanese so this was a big event for the company.

She and I had planned to take our kids to Disneyland the day after she returned.


I did not generally call Bob, he called me when necessary for some reason. Our arrangement was for him to work through the winter and for him to take care of the winterizing. This is why I did not know about it when he suffered a heart attack and soon after died.

My first inkling was when I was told there had been a flood in the cabin taking out the entire ceiling, so newly finished on the first floor. I hired Ben Ray to handle what needed to be done immediately to repair the plumbing. The rest had to wait.

The reason for this was my husband's non-filing of our IRS returns.

You're Not Paranoid – The IRS is out to get you.


Craig turned the cabin over to me during the divorce. He had bought it as a 'gift' for me and there was ample documentation this was the case. But now that I know what he is really like I understand this was also intended to become another means of rendering me homeless.

Craig told multiple people during the divorce this was his goal to see me in fuzzy slippers pushing a shopping cart. One of these people, Anne, sent me a copy of an email documenting this. This statement, by Craig, was made ten years after he left me. Craig never gives up.He also told the same woman he was considering hiring a hit man to kill both her and myself.  

Exhibit 29d - Letter from Anne Fisher, warning Craig may kill Melinda


Craig has used multiple individuals to 'get' me. With Green Hills he has plotted out elaborate schemes and spent hundreds of thousands of dollars to achieve his goal. Until recently it did not occur to me he could have been involved in what is happening in Cedar Slope. Now it has and I have found no evidence this is not the case and much which supports the supposition.

Back to Ed Black.

Around 2002 – 2003 I paid Ed Black to put a new roof on the cabin. I paid him $10,000 for this. My bookkeeper wrote the check.

Black was always respectful and helpful and I would have said he was hardworking, and trustworthy. I hired him to cut wood and do clean up for me. I kept paying him for 'security' after my cabin was stripped of valuables. I fired him when he walked into the cabin using the key I had given him to check on the cabin in my absence. He knew I was there, having to have walked around my car to get to the door.

I do not know what he could have been thinking – but clearly he had something in mind.

Black had realized I was broke and defenseless.But was there something else, too?

How much would Craig have paid to know I was being harassed and terrorized? He would have wanted updates frequently, as he had gotten from other people he hired.

At this point I learned from one of the women who Craig had first seduced and then destroyed financially he was paying multiple women $5,000 a month just to be sexually available to him. I have the names and can contact them, In fact, I have contacted some of them.

More as research continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment