Thursday, December 17, 2015

February 26, 2009 - Letter from Dr. Reverend Melinda Pillsbury Arnold



February 26, 2009



TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN


My name is Dr. Reverend Melinda Pillsbury Arnold. I am a psychotherapist with a specialty in the treatment of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. I am a native of Connecticut, growing to adulthood on a farm which experienced snow fall routinely. For twenty years I lived in New Mexico at an elevation of 7,000 feet where I dealt with snow under different conditions, those being mountainous. In each environment I personally dealt with snow removal both as a driver, walking, and contracting for services those conditions necessitate.

I attest to the truth of the facts and events I relay here.

I had occasion to visit a cousin, Melinda Pillsbury-Foster, with whom I had been in correspondence regarding a project undertaken to provide treatment for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. While staying with her I experienced and witnessed the snow removal techniques provided by the Cedar Slope Mutual Water Company through their agent, Ed Black.

While anyone familiar with snow knows that snow will compact to black ice if it is compressed Black's routine was to pile snow up on the road so that this is exactly what took place. The areas where this was most likely to take place were those where the road was steepest, making walking difficult for a normal healthy individual and impossible for Arthur Foster, Pillsbury-Foster's son. Arthur Foster is severely disabled from a brain injury and has only partial use of his limbs making the conditions hazardous in the extreme.

I also observed that Black routinely ran his removal equipment as far on the other side of her road as possible, touching the opposite drive way to leave her the necessity of digging her way out half way into the road. On my frequent walks I noticed that in other locations Black went straight down the middle of the road.

These observations were made after Black had cleared the road on several occasions. I also had the opportunity to observe Black working and provide these useful photos to explain what he is doing that is also counter productive if the intention is actually snow removal and not harassment, which I believe to be the more likely scenario.

Notice in photo No. 1 that the blade does not lie flat. This was not an occasional happenstance but a constant condition probably resulting in sloppy maintenance. The blade is outdated and should be replaced. Black often raised the blade, especially in the areas that were steepest, so that the blade was often six – eight inches above the ground, leaving a depth of snow to be compressed into black ice.

Notice the thick pad of snow ready to be compressed into black ice on this critical turn.

I also observed Black with a companion, both of them on quads, with a small blade further compressing the snow while doing little removal and drinking beer and throwing the cans out on the still snowy road and onto the properties using the road.

I hope these observations prove useful. If you have any questions you can contact me at:
415-438-xxxx or at this email address. rubyshoesmelinda@xxxxxxxxxx.nnn I am presently in Arizona, anticipating a trip to Washington DC.




Melinda Pillsbury Arnold -S-


No comments:

Post a Comment