Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Ed Back Returns to Ensure the Black Ice Road Coverage is Complete

Yes, it was Ed Black, also known as Scary Snow Removal Man, and Berm Boy (for his ability to entirely block a road with a berm made of solid ice spanning the entire width of the road)  Ed loves his work.  And, yes, he does know the point is actually to make the road passable, and yes, he knows he is intentionally creating hazardous conditions which could result in serious injury or death, and yes, he knows that it is actually his employer, Cedar Slope Mutual Water Company who will face litigation or criminal charges in the case his little hobby has the entirely foreseeable effect.

In our last report on December 27th Ed, also known as Blackie, and not for his surname, but for his sense of ethics and concern for others, had ensured the road leading to my cabin would become Black Ice in the area where I had previously shoveled it clear myself.

On the 28th Ed Returned to make sure the rest of the road was similarly treated.

See?


Full, road wide treatment for Black Ice.  Did you know Black Ice was named for Blackie?  He is very proud of his ability to produce in copious amounts.

Look at that full width coverage - You just know the Ed Black Ice will be good and thick, just like him.

Up, up, up the hill - slide, slide slide back down.

Almost to the flat turn around, which used to have a large Ponderosa Pine in the middle.  And now, on to Dead Man's Hill, Black Iceman's favorite place.
See?  See?  These are tiny bits of black top which are very occasionally visible.  This is the mark of a true Back Iceman job.

2 comments:

  1. First, note you choose to remain anonymous, which proves you are a cowardly sort. I grew up at Cedar Slope with people who were honest, gave of themselves unstintingly so the'water district' would not be the disaster it otherwise would have been. Both my father, Dr. Arthur F. Pillsbury and my Uncle, Charles L. Reasoner, were honorable men competent to set up such a system. Black is an entirely different kind of individual. I had no particular opinion of him until I experienced his behavior first hand. He is a braggart who pumps himself up with an expertise he does not possess. As elsewhere published on this site, I believe he was responsible for the burglary which took place at my cabin; failed to inform he of the flood which had taken place; and intentionally put my life, and the life of my son at risk. Liking Black is not an appropriate assessment of how I view him. My experiences taught me he is dishonest, deceitful, arrogant, and abusive of power, even the tiny power he has managed to obtain at Cedar Slope. He also failed to report the disappearance of Sharon Whitaker from the cabin located in the first curve down the slope from the store. Her windows were left open during the winter but otherwise, when I looked in, it was as if she was still staying there. I asked Black about her, as this kind of concern for others is essential in a remote area. I got back a stare. This was before Black had started masturbating, parked where I could not fail to see him from my office window. So, you the Unknown Commenter probably likes Black. Perhaps you have common habits which create a bond?

    ReplyDelete